If you’re looking for a new job, you may be wondering what skills will pay off in today’s competitive job market. Luckily for most job seekers, soft skills or transferable skills seem to be in high demand. No matter what your college major or professional background, soft skills allow for transition from one career path to another.
ZipRecruiter.com analyzed 250,000 job listings across a variety of industries to find the top skills hiring managers seek in new employees. Below are the most used key terms employers search for when hiring new talent.
Most used terms for Experience needed
- Communication (51%)
- Time Management (21%)
- Ability to work well within a team (19%)
- Independent Motivation (12%)
- Specific experience in Microsoft Office (11%)
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment (7%)
- Background check required (6%)
Most used terms for Education needed
- High School Education (25%)
- Bachelor’s Degree (8%)
Read the full article at ZipRecruiter.com